Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today in Lubbock Real Estate

This is my first attempt at a blog for business.  Maybe I am behind the times a little bit but I try to stay in touch with the latest and greatest ways to make my real estate business better.  I am a Realtor and I love my job.  I work for Keller Williams Realty in Lubbock, Texas.  I run my business with an attitude of servant leadership.

Today, I was able to receipt two contracts with Service Title Company.  One was for a great home at 5704 Gary Avenue.  The owners of that home have been friends for a very long time.  I worked with Bill at the Lubbock Police Department prior to becoming a Realtor. And, as a matter of fact, the other contract I receipted today was for 2821 64th Street.  Rich and his brothers and sisters own that home and I worked with Rich at the LPD for many years too.

The market for real estate is great in Lubbock.  We are very fortunate to live in a city where the weather is good and the people are friendly.  The cost of living is reasonable and the economy is good too.  Currently, there are 1,543 single family homes on the market in Lubbock.  Now that is not counting garden homes, homes with acreage, etc.  Interest rates are still very low and buyers have plenty of choices.

That number -- 1,543 -- will probably change before you finish reading this post.  It is amazing.  The real estate market fluctuates frequently.  Being a Realtor is fun! 

2 comments: